At time of battery sale, you should definitely check the charge date of the battery and the the FIFO method (first in-first out) should be applied according to the charge date.
Battery storage areas should be maximum 25 °C and moisture free. The batteries should never be stored as exposed to direct sunlight, rain and snow.
Each temperature increase by 10oC above 25 °C would reduce the shelf life by 50%.
Example : Battery 60 Ah Ca - Ca
- 25 °C - 8 months
- 35 °C - 4 months
- 45 °C - 2 months
Storage terms at temperature of 25 °C are as follows depending on the production technologies.
- Ca - Ca,Ag Batteries - 9 months
- Ca - Ca, Batteries - 9 months
- Ca - Ca, Batteries - 6 months
Maximum stowage of the stored batteries should be as follows.
- Maximum 4 rows one on top of other on each pallet for batteries 36 Ah through 88 Ah
- Maximum 3 rows one on top of other on each pallet for batteries 90 Ah through 240 Ah
- Maximum 2 rows on top of other per pallet for all batteries.